Friday 28 May 2010

Week 29 - slight setback

After the long walk on Sunday, rested on Monday then went out Tuesday morning for a 4 mile run and could feel a tickle in my throat, this developed so that I couldn't do the Jubilee race on Wednesday night and by Friday morning considered cancelling my appearance at the North Lancs Soul Festival that evening. Recovered sufficiently for that but not for much running and a full weekend meant I would get little mileage in walking. Watched my daughter finish in the Keswick triathlon on Sunday but the week was very short on both mileage (18 against 47 scheduled) and ascent (700 against 6700). At least I walked into Bolton and back on Wednesday.
However, I now feel I'm ready for the challenge - it's just a case of maintaining the fitness level with not long to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment