Tuesday 25 May 2010

Music to take with me

As people who know me may be aware, I'm slightly obsessed with music. Well obsessed may be a bit strong but given a choice between watching telly and listening to good music, I know what I go for.

On my walk I'll be filling up a few micro SD cards with tunes to listen to.
The first to go on will be the recently released (a week ago) compilation "Get Down With The Philly Sound" a superb set of originals and remix of Philly Classics. Accompanying it there is also an excellent documentary featuring some of the legendary musicians who made the music. Have a watch of it if you appreciate good music.

Dimitri from Paris presents "Get Down With The Philly Sound" from BBE Music on Vimeo.


Last weekend was spent at the North Lancs Soul Weekend at Morecambe and one of the popular tunes was this remix of an early Aretha Franklin song called One Step Ahead. The remix version is very good but I slightly prefer the original. Here's both for you to enjoy, first the Featurecast remix which also samples a small part of a Marvin Gaye vocal.

And here is the beautiful original which was recorded a couple of years before she became a world-wide star.
I may come back and update this post in the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment