Wednesday 30 December 2009

Week 8 - Christmas Week

The week up to Christmas is always busy and combined with the snowy weather made planning somewhat hit and miss. At least I managed to get some mileage in almost everyday. Walking to the Bob Smithy and back on Christmas Day helped.

On Boxing Day, My daughter and I competed in the Whinberry Naze Fell Race. I enjoyed the climb but the conditions hmapered my descent even more than usual. My fancy dress also needed a bit of adjustment every now and then. There's pics hereand here but no video uploaded as yet.

With no big walks I was still 5 miles and 900ft short of the weekly target as some of the walks involved very little climb.
However, I received some very useful Christmas presents - a Snugpak Chrysalis Micro lightweight sleeping bag and books on Mountain Weather, Steve Cracknell's account of his expedition and the new LDWA UK Trailwalkers Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment