Wednesday 2 December 2009

Thanks to my first sponsor

At my daughter's engagement party, my oldest friend (no, not as in JtE but in the fact that we've been mates since the age of 3), expressed concern that I am contemplating doing the majority of the walk solo and without a GPS.
Now I'm not sure whether there is a GPS which will answer all needs, e.g. not much access to power sources so will it run off my freeloader solar charger for example but Brian is determined to make sure I am equipped with such a safety item. I know that Mark S has suggested GPS equipped mobile phones. I'll do some more investigations but the first one that I looked at that would fit the bill is the Nokia N97 - a snip at around 400 notes and then may have power sourcing issues!
There is an article in the latest edition of the LDWA magazine "Strider" but it doen't really provide a solution. I shall have to do some hunting via the French amazon site for example, the Garmin Etrex H or the Garmin eTrex Summit HC. Maybe I should write to them.

So Brian now has a certificate to display on his office wall!



Also thanks must go out to GW for her donation.



No comments:

Post a Comment