Wednesday 30 December 2009

Week 7 - another almost blank week

Well the flu continued and it wasn't until the cross-country at the weekend that I risked getting out. With snowfall on Friday and a blizzard in Horwich at lunchtime meant that it was in doubt but a phone call to one of my dj mates in Burnley revealed that conditions were much better there. The major difficulty was the road that led into Townley Park which had not been gritted. When the council expect you to pay for the privilege of parking, you would hope they would use some of that income to grit the road! With no running for nearly a fortnight, I made sure I ran cautiously at the start but seemed to be running well resulting in as good a result as I had all winter.
A five mile loop on the side of Winter Hill on Sunday gave me 12 miles and 900ft for the week - well off target but at least back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment