Sunday 14 March 2010

Week 18

Getting a bit behind with the blog but at least I keep my log up to date so can use that to refer back. This was a good week as the the snow was starting to clear in most places. Tuesday saw a good day's walking with West Lancs LDWA Rivington Ramble led by ex-Harrier John Crook - mostly familiar places but new (to me) territory on the route bak from Healey Nab to Rivington village (and a very muddy route. Did my usual run over Winter Hill to Belmont and back on Thursday and almost got the time down to sub two hours, being just a minute or so over. The snow lying on the north face of the Winter Hill and the top end of the mast road still slowed the speed a little.
It was a long drive up to Barrow on Saturday for the final cross-country of the season and for once the club turned out in (reasonable) numbers. My training over recent months paid dividends as I swapped my usual place of last or next-to-last Horwich runner to beat two club-mates that have generally (or always) been in front of me for the last ten years as well as being far higher up the finishing order than usual. The firm conditions certainly helped me.
A good week although slightly down on mileage and ascent targets.

No comments:

Post a Comment