Tuesday 23 March 2010

Continuing Week 20 - it's a big week

Having rested on Thursday, I decided to do my Winter Hill/Belmont run on Friday followed on Saturday with a run out with the wfdbwgua group. This was initially a depleted group with just three of us setting off from Rivington Lower Barn at 8.30. As John was considering whether to do the Pike Race on Easter Saturday, we ran the Pike Race route from Rivi school then back down to repeat it. For a bit of fun, I gave John and Pauline a couple of minutes start to see if I could catch them on the climb. On this second ascent Ed joined them near Georges Lane then a Brentford supporter, who must of lost his way, found us - nice to see you Chris and well done considering you've not run for 2 years. So the effort petered out we ran as a group to the Pike then around to Noon Hill from where Ed and Chris departed whilst we carried on in the direction of Great Hill.
By our return we had completed ten and a bit miles and about 1850ft of climb.
Sunday was an early start as I was sweeping for The Two Crosses Challenge Walk. This meant setting off about 30 minutes after the mass start and gradually catching up the backmarkers just before the walkers and runners divided into 18 mile and 25 mile routes. My fellow sweeper and I then followed the 25 mile route, checking that everyone had gone through at each checkpoint. It was a long day out, made even longer by suffering from a big blister on my left heel which was diagnosed as down to old socks. Offending socks are now in the bin and I shall recover.

The accumulated mileage and climbs of the past two weeks (66m,9950ft preceded by 64m, 9750ft) means that I have just about reached my target for March with 10 days to spare, so I can now compensate for the shortage in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment