Thursday 4 March 2010

Bears and snakes

Now I don't want to get anyone worried, least of all myself(!) but watching the recent couple of programmes on BBC covering a year in Yellowstone Park (why do I always want to call it Jellystone? - I don't know ask Boo Boo), reminds me that over the past decade there has been an ongoing debate about the re-introduction of bears into the Pyrenees. Has there been any incidents? I shall have to ask on the forums.
Here's a couple of links:
www.ariege.com
Mountainbug - also has a GR10 diary
There seem to be a healthy supply of Seoane's Viper, Lataste's Viper and Asp Vipers in some parts of the Pyrenees. Although poisonous (the Asp in particular), they appear to be generally timid - as long as I don't go poking my fingers into crevices which might be their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment